Perhaps there's a bit of a communication barrier between our posts regarding my statement. Opening all six barrels without a bog, hesitation or mis-fire at low rpm is not the issue. With the help of a wideband, I'm pretty confident my tune is pretty sharp at this point with the motor cranking out a respectable power curve beginning with over 500ft lbs of torque at 2000 rpm and culminating in 715 hp at 5500rpm. The drivability is excellent as well, especially with a Passon 5 speed and 3.73's.

In my comment about knowing how to drive them, I was referring to the concept of a driver keeping the velocity through the venturies at the maximum rate. Obviously, it varies depending on engine rpm and throttle blade positioning. You must be aware of this, and it's affect on power output during an rpm increasing throttle event. If the driver's ability to vary air velocity through the carbs isn't an issue, especially at low rpm, then why not adjust the progressive linkage to have all 3 carbs open at once?

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)