Originally Posted By feets
Originally Posted By Grizzly
Another welding genius. rolleyes

Calling a high stress mount point for front suspension, "sheet metal" really questions your welding/steel/fabricating knowledge as well.

26 years welding experience; some of the advice you Clowns give is nothing but a joke. Someone has to say something.

That's not exactly a high stress part. We had that discussion previously.

Originally Posted By 73MagDuster
Originally Posted By feets
Originally Posted By teflon
It drives me nuts that very few of these kits gusset their upper control arms.

Have you measured the forces in the upper control arm? In most situations it's essentially along for the ride. The LCA controls the majority of the fore/aft movement, takes the cornering loads, and handles the spring.
The upper arm keeps the wheel from falling over.

Exactly. I have seen suspension loads aquired with wheel force transducers and strain and accel data on the frame at various points. Feets hit the nail on the head.

To borrow your words: some of the advice you Clowns give is nothing but a joke. Someone has to say something.

Does someone include everyone?

I am not sure "having a discussion" automatically means a conclusion was made or proven.

I can't make much out of "wheel force transducers....." to draw any conclusion or how it was measured under what conditions, etc, on that comment alone.

And don't be so shy, name names, since your descriptor was plural, most of us are grown ups here.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.