Originally Posted By astjp2
Well you can get the mopar chassis book, it can give more specifics on checking bump steer, and all of the angles and aligment checks, but I would think that its very critical, like +- 1/16" or less. Tim

Got an old copy of that book, i'll start looking through it.

Working in precision metal fab, ±1/16" is the kind of tolerance I dream of with weldments, haha. Normally when welding up frames with structural steel tube of 3/16"-1/4" wall thickness we add .01-.02" per joint to account for shrinkage, well within the tolerance you gave. It'd be interesting to know how much variation was involved in 1970s Mopar's jigging/fixturing for the welding process on these kinds of suspension mounts wink

On the car, however, I have no sound method to check (at least not yet) that the mount hasn't already moved 1/16" or more from its nominal location

I'm wondering how I can establish the deviation from the nominal location/angle for the axis through the front UCA bushing mount.

Originally Posted By 72Swinger
As long as the car checks out good on a frame machine, hell yes.

Hell yes it's cool to do a new plate & weld job if the frame machine check looks good? Does a frame machine check require new bushings/balljoints and all to be worthwhile? Would this frame check tell me how close/far away from the factory spot the "repaired" UCA mount is?

Thanks for the replies!

Last edited by lawndart; 03/03/16 04:55 AM.