Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Well after a rather sleepless night thinking about some of the replies in this post I would like to thank Monte and several others for their thoughts. Calculating some costs and upgrades needed at this time I'm about 7000 dollars away from making my first nitrous hit by time I would buy the nitrous system and needed bottles, mother bottle and heaters, flow tool, nitrous programmer, fire system, racepak, and a few other goodies. My car trailer a 24 foot with 3500 pound axles is also in need of upgrading. Thinking at this time I will put the brakes on this program and just aim at getting the car out as a NA combo and doing some test n tunes as I know I can handle that by myself. I will miss the heads-up target but the bottom line is I LOVE to race and I love to race every week. Thanks again guys.

Really? Is it that hard to run nitrous ?

I ran no racepak, and backyard tuned for years. I don't see it as such a complicated deal, but I have used it for years.....I didn't know trailers won races, I went to races on an open trailer and won, I made my flow tool, made my bottle heater....etc

I almost always have my son with me. He has been at tracks since he was 6 or 7 . He helps me a lot and he can read a starting line pretty good. Best part about him is he can walk the starting line and pretty much tell me exactly what the car needs. He can change bottles, pack chutes, maintain tires, adjust shocks, tables may turn though as his car is too slow for him, and he is about 50 lbs lighter than me. Best part is he trees every car in the other lane !

Last edited by n20mstr; 01/26/16 11:39 PM.

....BAD A$$ STREET CAR.....