Originally Posted By Jim_Lusk
30-some years ago I met a guy at a show who had an E-body (can't remember whether it was a Challenger or 'Cuda). As I recall it was a factory 340 car (still had a 340). Sometime earlier with a previous owner the dash pad was in bad shape so they went to a wrecking yard and got a good pad. They didn't even think about the VIN tag. New dash pad was from a higher level engine (recollection is that it was hemi, but could have been 383 or 440). I knew at the time the guy had a mess on his hands...

very similar situation i brought to an owners attention once , 70 v code cuda had a vin on the pad that didnt match the fender tag or body numbers, as i looked around the car, i noticed that inside the door jamb the original dash vin plate was half a** riveted in, almost like when then car was done at the shop they just thought it went there, the guy looked like a ghost when i mentioned it to him.. he was lucky and still had the vin tag, but the whole time he owned the car up to that point he never noticed the dash vin on the car was wrong...

you come here with nothing and leave here with nothing!! enjoy life while on this planet, cuz when youre dead youre dead!!!