Originally Posted By Streetwize
I have one on my 427" SBF Stroker in my Cobra replica and after some minor tuning of the rods and springs it works better ON THIS CAR than any holley.

I have a fair amount of experience tuning the old 68-71 440 AVS's and the cobra really needed a tractable roll-on to the secondaries, the double pumper worked awesome but when you roll on the power in a curve just slightly too hard on street tires a Cobra can try to swap ends on you. The Thunder AVS works just right for this combo, the only other thing the Edelbrock needed was to convert it to a dual line feed because without it you rely on the flow passing through the body to keep both sides/bowls filled. AT WOT in a light car the single feed wasn't keeping up and would go lean under hard acceleration. The dual line feed did the trick.

On the track I can run race tires and use a DP more effectively, but honestly I've got the AVS so well-tuned now I don't really worry about it.

I took a box stock Holley 750 which replaced a Holley Avenger vc carb and did my mods including making ALL circuits tunable for a Cobra replica w/a Rouch(sp) 500 hp small block and it came alive. He could barely blow the tires off and now he can barely keep em hooked up. Was even going to sell the Cobra and keep the blown Nova but the Nova`s gone........I have messed w/AFB`s and e-brocks for years just like the simplicity of Holleys.......

Last edited by Thumperdart; 10/30/15 03:52 PM.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....