Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Can't wait to see the build thread on it, looks like they added aluminum plates on the intake and exhaust side. On the intake side it was likely to mount the stack injectors to but maybe also for reconfiguring the port?
I'll probably get chastised for this but this is the platform that SB racers/aftermarket/Mopar should've embraced 30 yrs ago. Canted valve, symmetrical port, lifted angles made for it etc. I know that ship has long sailed but that's my opinion. I'm not saying the exact stock valve angles are optimum (probably far from it) but all that can be moved around and played with, kind of like how BB Chevys have been tweaked far from their original configuration but are still "Chevy". Hope this line of thinking wasn't to impractical for some of you grin

I know this for sure...if that thing only makes 600HP a W-2 head with very little work would do that falling off a log, for way less cash.

We can wish on the what if's but most people bitched about buying rockers and headers and manifolds that were "W" series specific so why would moving the valve in the poly have been any different?

And small block heads were made that had valve angles and ports FAR superior to anything poly, but most of us couldn't get them, and the grand wizards of NHRA killed PST before most of that stuff was made in quantities that would fall to the lower classes.

I know the thing looks cool, and they guy at Chrylser Power is all wrapped up in the comeback of the poly but he is 15 years behind the last PST truck stuff and 35 years behind even W-2 stuff.

Without seeing more pictures it's hard to say, but the only thing they may have gained is SOME valvetrain stability with the poly valve lay out as that is what the the lifter bank angles were designed for. That too, has been accounted for in the blocks with 48* lifter bank angles.

It is really just a thing that was done to fit a class at EMC. As Monte said way back, cool but virtually useless as a product to the general public.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston