Yep.......Kaase and BES are no names........LOL.........and it seems like they win more than they lose. Oakley Motorsports also has an entry this year. VERY well known in Top Sportsman, Top Dragster and tractor pulling circuits

Why do I need to enter. I don't have an engine shop and have way more important things to do than build some one off type "science project" motor for a competition, that would be of no use to me otherwise. Just because you put a lot of stock in it, doesn't mean everybody should...............but none of that changes what I said. Tell us how "practical" it is to build a 600hp poly headed Mopar, that likely cost them 20K or better to build, if they had to pay for all that stuff. The EFI stack injection alone would be 10k. Being that it is a SAM engine, that is something that Judson can use to teach principles and show what can be done...........but in real life, who else would build that and for what?

I ultimately respect the EMC competitors, what they do and the power they pull from unusual combinations, but it is not something that appeals to me in the least bit to actually do.

I know how much time and money Phillip spent on his motor and I know Kaase spends a crazy amount of time and money on his projects. I can't do that. Kaase's shop manager is a friend of mine, see him at the races all the time. He told me on some of those motors, that they have tried dozens of cams, several sets of heads, different rod lengths, different pistons, etc. That's a LOT of time and money. Tinkering and that competition is just something that John likes to do, so it's a no expense spared hobby for him

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 10/06/15 08:09 PM.