From 2006

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=3598&page=2

Quote:

When we bring the cars back for dialing in on four post, we have a shock dyno, a shock engineer and a set of rebuildable shocks on hand to try different combinations to optimize the setup based upon computer models derived from data collected on each run. Spring rates are also changed in this process. How precise is this - well it gets dialed in for the specific tires we are running as they each have different qualities in terms of stiffness and inherent spring rate. We also did this with ballast on board to simulate the driver and ballast to simulate different engine packages - i.e. big blocks.

The suspension development software used for modeling the geometry etc., is the same package the OE's use. I was shown demos of complete vehicles running on virtual road courses or slaloms courses, with the software learning to drive the vehicle better on each lap. That is used to validate the design as well as determine spring rates, sway bar sizes, base damping etc. We have also had them run models to ensure the components designed are strong enough for the intended application - for example our K-Member design was evaluated for impact and tearout loads for the lower control arms - and we will beat the crap out of it at the track during testing as well.
We also did full torsion tests on the car, before and after we made chassis stiffening components and this multiple times to optimize that as well. This is an evaluation of the torsional rigidity of the vehicle chassis itself.
The four post data and the torsion data gets compared against known performance vehicles so we can be sure we are in the target zone relative to the class of vehicles we want to be in with. 4-post tests were plotted against 250 production vehicles for comparison.
So, I will leave it to you to evaluate that process versus how others develop and test their products. I 'think' we are taking this to a level that has never been done before in the aftermarket, especially for cars of this vintage. If the guys who do all of this for a living really are amongst the best at what they do, I am pretty confident that our setup for these vehicles will be about as good as it can be, given the state of technology available today.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

It sounds like at one point there was some information to share or at least be able to show some graphs, screen shots, something of what was accomplished. I'd guess this information didn't quite make it through the ownership change, quite a shame if that is what happened.

Companies would get a lot more of my money if they could say "look, look at our testing and validation. Our system will get you a 32% stiffer chassis than stock"or whatever the situation might be.

The market is either people that have the money to just by the most expensive parts that the next guy has, or the people who are chasing peak levels of performance for their hard earned dollar. The pretty pictures and aluminum parts will get the first bunch to bite, but it'll take more to hedge out the competition for the ones chasing attainable and validated performance gains.

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]