Originally Posted By feets
Originally Posted By XVracing
Originally Posted By feets

And you're going to give me a full refund when I send it back undamaged?

I have no B-body. In fact, I dare say my current subframe is more substantial than any of the B-body stuff but that's what you get with an Imperial.

If you make a good product and it performs better than the factory piece and any of the other guys then you would stand to profit from the test.

I planned on gathering the results, doing a comprehensive write-up and submitting it to the magazines.

Yes, with a 100% restocking fee.... smile

CR

This leads to 1 of three initial thoughts.

1) Your company doesn't have enough inventory to take one off the shelf for a relatively short period of time.

2) Your company is in need of cash in a bad way.

3) Your company is not confident that it's product will compare favorably to the stock unit.

...not that I always agree with how he supports his claims, but in his defense I don't think many companies will just send parts out for any form of "in my garage destructive testing".

Your test could be skewed, if you know it or not, and negatively represent their product.

You could return that part, seemingly unscathed after trying to twist it, when it could actually be slightly deformed. Then what? He's out the part and can't do anything with it.

If it was returned with the same integrity as before but now has bumps and scratches on it from testing, it then has to be sent back out and recoated/fixed before reselling it.

I'm sure I could come up with a few other reasons why I wouldn't necessarily do this as a supplier, but I would likely be able to supply an alternative input to your test to consider.

Such as:

FEA and fatigue analysis that compare a stock K to the redesign before tooling.

In-house testing that was performed to make sure the new part met or exceeded the stock K-member in a variety of situations, engineering validation.

Claiming things "are better", or "were fixed" wouldn't fly in my field, we need numbers to backup most everything we do, or we didn't accomplish anything.

It always sounds like someone at XV at some point paid good money for excellent tests. Either the data was never passed down to back up the designs or they were just stuck on a rig for pretty pictures.twocents

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum 6spd - https://www.facebook.com/GoodysGotaHemi
2020 RAM 1500
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v9yezP9.jpg[/img]