Originally Posted By Polarapete
Originally Posted By 383man
This orange box you see on the firewall of my 63 is still on the car and working good. I bought it around 1999 and its been working fine ever since then and is still on my 63. It has run 10's using that box and the ign never misses a beat. But it seems that I got one when they were using a company that made good ones as I here many complain of problems that have bought orange boxes within the last 5 years or so. When did you buy your orange ECU box ? I mean if your car is just a stock driver then I would just buy a stock replacement ECU box from a parts store. If its for your performance car then I would either get a chrome Mopar ECU box or go with another type like MSD or any good brand name ign. I actually plan to change mine over to MSD one day even though I dont think it will go any faster but I like the MSD multi-spark as it helps keep the plugs cleaner. But this orange unit keeps working so good I just have not got around to changing it yet. Ron

You have had good luck with the Orange Box and I had good luck with the same coil (Accel) that you are still running on your inner fender in my '68 Coronet that I raced with a Mallory dual point distributor 30 years ago, but I would not even consider using it now. Times change.

Times might change but just because that coil worked 30 years ago dont mean it cant work good now because it works great for me. I have been using this Accel coil since 1997 and it never misses a beat for me. Good strong spark and when we took it off my sons Dart and put MSD ign on his car it went no faster and ran the same. It still works and gives a strong spark so I see no reason not to use it. Ron