Originally Posted By 383man
This orange box you see on the firewall of my 63 is still on the car and working good. I bought it around 1999 and its been working fine ever since then and is still on my 63. It has run 10's using that box and the ign never misses a beat. But it seems that I got one when they were using a company that made good ones as I here many complain of problems that have bought orange boxes within the last 5 years or so. When did you buy your orange ECU box ? I mean if your car is just a stock driver then I would just buy a stock replacement ECU box from a parts store. If its for your performance car then I would either get a chrome Mopar ECU box or go with another type like MSD or any good brand name ign. I actually plan to change mine over to MSD one day even though I dont think it will go any faster but I like the MSD multi-spark as it helps keep the plugs cleaner. But this orange unit keeps working so good I just have not got around to changing it yet. Ron

You have had good luck with the Orange Box and I had good luck with the same coil (Accel) that you are still running on your inner fender in my '68 Coronet that I raced with a Mallory dual point distributor 30 years ago, but I would not even consider using it now. Times change.

1986 Dodge Ramcharger 440 2wd, Bracket Racer Under Construction
1998 Ram 2500 QuadCab, new daily driver.
2008 Honda Element
2014 Carry-On 7x14 Cargo Trailer