Originally Posted By oddjob
I agree, I think Steve1118 is trying to upstage Curt's Race for the benefit of his own! Just saying.

John,anyone who knows Steve would never even think that,Steve has been like a brother to me and has been part of the BGR family for over four decades.He was very close to CURT and all the Reasbecks shared a family like relationship with BGR.
I personally take issue with some of the comments posted.Steve,Ronnie and I have discussed the possibility of the format for the race.With that being said it was left to the racers to decide.
Things seem to get out of hand and some take it too far.Gary Murphy comments and others who don't have a clue about about the Buds Auto(McCelland family) and the BGR family relationship need to aware of a lot of facts and emotions.
Ronnie McClland and family like the Reasbecks all have a personal connection to Curt.They have supported the Curt Race from the beginning and are a major force in the success of the race.They have contributed from their own pockets to help cover the cost at many of the Mopar events at many different venues.They do this and ask nothing,they deserve our utmost respect and certainly don't deserve some of the comments.
Ronnie came up with the idea of a nostalgia race at PRP once a month to help our local track and the racers.He covers the payout and everything elso goes to the track.In the past he has sponcered the hemi shootout races at the Curt race and Beaver Springs and other tracks.Many may remember he even covered the entry fee for the hemi racers.I can go on forever telling the things Ronnie has done to help me personally and many racers but the bottom line is he deserves nothing but our respect.Anyone who feels otherwise is ignorant and selfish.As for me personally to disrespect Ronnie,Steve or any of Curts family of close friends is also disrespecting myself and Curt.I'am sorry to have to respond to this BS but it needs to stop.I think apologies are due.
Respectfully Bob George