Well, that's your thought, Doug, and I respect it. However, I explained why it's done, and it works. The geezers who race once a month, and the old race cars that sat for years with sixty year old something drivers, and the young guys who don't race every week like it because they are at no disadvantage to the guys who pound it on a weekly basis. We even put it up to the racers, via email, and gave them the choice for the .4 tree or the .5 Pro Tree for this event only, and they overwhelmingly chose to keep it the same. Now, the hard core regulars don't like it, but it wasn't designed for them. As a result, we've gotten a lot of cars who haven't raced for years out of the garage, because the "seasoned" guys were not interested in being crushed by a 25 year old semi pro bracket racer, and there are some real, real tough ones at Pittsburgh. We are also big on period correct appearance, which discourages the little front tires, etc, and other modern "bracket" tricks. It's a nostalgia series, pure and simple. I'm certainly not going to get into an argument here, on a thread who's main goal is to get guys to the Curt memorial event. We just thought we mention it as the rain out date is the night before. We don't force anyone to run it. Just do the test & tune and run the event over the weekend, if you feel that strongly. They will probably run a gambler's during test & tune, anyway, but I can't guarantee that. See you there.

Looking forward to honoring Curt, and seeing some good racing that weekend.

Last edited by Steve1118; 06/18/15 01:53 AM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com