Moparts

2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh

Posted By: ajcasini

2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/17/14 02:55 PM

The 11th Annual Curt George Memorial Race will return to Pittsburgh Raceway Park June 26-28th, 2015. Mark your calender as we are planning on making this the must attend Race of 2015.

Classes will remain the same as last year.

Super Pro
Pro
Sportsman
Q-16
Nostalgia ET (NSS)
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/17/14 04:17 PM

MARKED!

Attached picture 8365178-norwalkbgr.jpg
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/17/14 04:26 PM

We will be there. Is there also going to be another race at Quaker City? I sure hope so
Posted By: dvw

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/17/14 11:43 PM

I'm ready. We always have a great time. What tree will be used in N/SS? I need to start practicing.
Doug
Posted By: Bishop

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 03:17 AM

Count me in

Attached picture 8365739-Norwalk.jpg
Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 03:25 AM

We hopefull won't miss this one or any other of the Mopar races this year
Posted By: 1badx

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 05:07 AM

Can we have another Gen III Hemi vs. old school Hemi shootout? With this much notice I can certainly bring some decent iron and I suspect there are some fast old school cars out there besides Scott's Savoy?

Just let me know and I'll start spreading the word/
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 06:45 AM

Two Mopar races penciled in for the 2015 race season so far.
1. 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh
2. Monster Mopar.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 01:45 PM

Any chance of a Quaker city race again??
Ken
Posted By: Eric

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/18/14 06:11 PM

Dates are looking good for me so far
Posted By: Palindrome Cuda

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/19/14 02:22 PM

Yep, we will be there.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/19/14 02:44 PM

God willing we'll be there!
Posted By: goldenlancer

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/20/14 01:32 AM

you guys need anything let us know
Posted By: 3ddart

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/21/14 05:25 PM

This is just fyi, so please don't read anything in to it, asI plan on attending both events. I saw Norm Fox yesterday at a racers Christmas get together, and he said no Bob George racing event at Quaker City this year. He is planning his own Mopar event around the same time in Aug. He didn't go into details and I wouldn't detail them if he did, not my place to do that. He said he is working on his schedule now so I guess you should check that out to nail down a date. Again, this is fyi for those who ask in this post
Posted By: Eric

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/22/14 05:16 PM

Quote:

This is just fyi, so please don't read anything in to it, asI plan on attending both events. I saw Norm Fox yesterday at a racers Christmas get together, and he said no Bob George racing event at Quaker City this year. He is planning his own Mopar event around the same time in Aug. He didn't go into details and I wouldn't detail them if he did, not my place to do that. He said he is working on his schedule now so I guess you should check that out to nail down a date. Again, this is fyi for those who ask in this post

Sounds like someone saw the success of Bob and AJ's race and now wants the whole pie.
Posted By: dodgem_doug

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 12/24/14 04:08 AM

I'll be there! Enjoyed Bob's race at Quaker last year. It's been a long winter already.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/20/15 09:03 PM

We would like to welcome back Cope Racing Transmissions as the sponsor of the PRO class at the 11th annual Curt George Memorial Race.

Cope Racing Transmissions takes pride in delivering the strongest and highest quality
transmissions for the Mopar enthusiast. John Cope is one of the best in the industry
when it comes to high performance, high power transmissions.
Thank you to John Cope and CRT for their continued support.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/20/15 09:09 PM

We would like to welcome back Buds Auto Sales as the sponsor of the NSS class at the 11th Annual Curt George Memorial Race.

Looking for a new Truck to tow the race car to the track or simply a grocery getter. Give the guys at Buds Auto Sales a call.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/20/15 09:11 PM

Thank you to the following sponsors for their continued support:

Bob George Racing and Associates
Bob and Debbie George
Melissa and Nolan George
Tony and Suzanne George

We appreciate all that you do to honor the memory of Curt!

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/21/15 12:20 AM

AJ, What tree in N/SS. .500 Full, .500 Pro ?
Doug

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/22/15 03:27 PM

Buds Auto Sales Nostalgia ET

All runs made on 1/4 mile.
All runs made using a .500 PRO tree start. Elims will be staggered pro tree.
Dial in must end in 0 or 5 (.X5 or .X0).
Footbrake only. Exception is 2-step for manual transmission vehicle.
ET Break 12.50 and quicker.

Pre-1973 Vehicles of ALL makes, Mopar, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac.

Big Block and Small block engines allowed.

No tire size restrictions.

No carb restrictions.

No Chassis Cars.

Cars must pass IHRA tech inspection for ET.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/22/15 11:58 PM

Sounds good,thanks
Doug

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/23/15 01:42 AM

Look forward to seeing you there doug up
Posted By: wyoming

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/23/15 04:20 AM

.500 pro tree? I like that idea, much better than the .400 regular tree

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/23/15 04:34 AM

up

I am looking forward to making this the best event of the season for the racers.
Posted By: Whompin_Wedge

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 04/23/15 11:17 PM

Sounds good to me!

Casey
Posted By: oddjob

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 05/31/15 05:25 PM

need some more info on Curts race. the flyer won't load.any idea of the turnout expected
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/01/15 09:14 PM

I've been to just about all of them, a few from behind the microphone. Turnout always seems good to me.

Sorry to tell yinz guys, but you're stuck with me on the mic for this one too.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/01/15 10:12 PM

I will look into the flyer issue.

At last years event we had just under 200 cars entered in the various classes. We expect that number to surpass 200 at this years event. What other questions do you have?
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/02/15 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By ajcasini
Buds Auto Sales Nostalgia ET

All runs made on 1/4 mile.
All runs made using a .500 PRO tree start. Elims will be staggered pro tree.
Dial in must end in 0 or 5 (.X5 or .X0).
Footbrake only. Exception is 2-step for manual transmission vehicle.
ET Break 12.50 and quicker.

Pre-1973 Vehicles of ALL makes, Mopar, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac.
Big Block and Small block engines allowed.
No tire size restrictions.
No carb restrictions.
No Chassis Cars.

Cars must pass IHRA tech inspection for ET.
Sounds pretty wide open, should allow a lot of cars to enter. up
Posted By: dartman366

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/02/15 08:19 PM

AJ, what is spectator admission for per day and weekend, can't seem to find it

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/03/15 09:27 PM

Bill Spectator Admission:

15$ per day
25$ for the weekend

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/04/15 11:58 PM

Posted By: shorthorse

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/05/15 04:33 AM

We'll be there Friday. What's the rule concerning the season reserved spaces?

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/05/15 04:36 AM

I am having trouble getting the flyer to show larger. If you click on it you will be sent to the full size printable flyer on our website.

Some notable changes are Q16 now open to all makes and models with a 5.70 maximum et dial in.

A gamblers race added on Saturday night.

I want to say a huge thank you to all the sponsors who make this possible:

CRT - John Cope
Hard Metal Tooling - Jim, Andy and Rachel Conrath
Martik Brothers Inc - Don Martik
Mizia Enterprises - Joe, Brit and Pinky Mizia
Buds Auto Sales - Bud, Ron and Aaron McClelland
Century Link Cable
City Crane
Melissa and Nolan George
Tony and Suzanne George
Reppert Appliance
Tatano Auto Body
ER Shaw
Laborers Union
Bower Hill Auto Body
Larry Smith Excavation - Larry and Kay Smith
Five Star Tire
Deakin Painting - Erik Deakin
Bob George

I am humbled by your support for this great event and the memory it honors.

Also a huge thank you to all of you the racers. You give me a reason to keep putting these races on and make them better and better.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/13/15 02:35 PM

Due to a rainout last night, we have scheduled the regular monthly Keystone-PID Nostalgia Combo eliminator for Friday, June 26, which is the normal test & tune the evening before the start of the Curt George Memorial at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. A lot of you guys will attend that event, and here's an opportunity for the Nostalgia guys to get in a little action. It's a low key event, and we've been averaging 25-30 cars each evening. It features NSS, IHRA/NHRA S/SS, some old gasser types. No chassis cars, must appear period correct. We use a .4 full tree, and you must dial to the nearest .05 o .00. 73 & back, all footbrake, no electronics. No deep staging. Two steps allowed on stick cars to make it easier on the starting line crew. No buy backs, take your best shot & go for it. $35 to enter, $350 to win, and $150 for runner up. Winner also gets a trophy (nothing says nostalgia like a cheap trophy, eh?). It's designed to be a fun type eliminator...a good way to compliment the BGR Championship series event, which is always fantastic. C'mon out and have some fun....let's honor Curt with a weekend no one will forget....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Keystone-..._homepage_panel

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/13/15 08:58 PM

That's a good deal Steve, since it takes 100 of fuel for me to get there, makes it easy to use the rain out voucher, since Im coming to the Curt George race anyway. Hope its not farmers weather that weekend
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/14/15 12:40 AM

Steve, It was nice meeting you last evening. Too bad about the rain out. I was looking foreword to having some fun. What about pitting on June 26th. Open pitting or honor reserved spots? See you there.
Posted By: dizuster

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/14/15 04:32 PM

So basically the same rules as the BGR Nostalgia, but with .400 pro tree instead of .500?

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/14/15 06:30 PM

No the dreaded .400 full tree.
Doug

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/15/15 02:50 AM

Originally Posted By dvw
No the dreaded .400 full tree.
Doug

Yep - I just don't get that but I guess it's a race anyway shruggy

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 12:16 AM

9 Days remaining until we start running down the 1/4 mile at Pittsburgh Raceway Park for the 11th Annual Curt George Memorial Race.

Who's Ready?

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 03:00 AM

The Nostalgia program on the night before is something that Bud's Auto does on a monthly basis, and there is a good reason for the .4 full tree. The event itself has nothing to do with the BGR event, but due to a rainout it will fall the same weekend, and anyone is invited to participate.

We use the .400 tree, as the 422 All Stars do, because the intent of the event is to get the old and young guys with old race cars out of the garage, with guys who don't race all the time not being at any disadvantage to the "regulars". It really levels the playing field. One of the winners was a 70 year old guy in a Max Wedge car who would have been eaten alive against the guys with a lot of seat time. He hadn't won a race since York back in the seventies. We've also been successful in getting a lot of old race cars that have been sitting for a long time back to the track again. We've had 27 cars the first event, and 25 the second, and a lot of positive feedback. On that tree, no one feels at a disadvantage, so they come back the next time. It works.

It isn't big money, it is low key, and is designed to be a fun deal for those of us who have figured out after all these years that we are just doing this for fun, anyway. If folks are super intense, want to race for blood, in it for the money, this probably isn't something you'd enjoy. Dial with in the nearest .500, try to cut a light, and go for it. Few redlights, and a lot of flat out racing. It's cool.

That is the reason.

Attached picture Keystone PID Nostalgia flyer (Photo).jpg

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 03:13 AM

As an additional clarification the NSS ET class at the Curt George Memorial will be run on a .500 Pro Tree. We hope to see good support of both events and appreciate you, the racers coming out to race with us and honor the memory of a true champion in life, Curt George.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 03:24 AM

Most of us who normally run the Nostalgia deal will indeed stick around over the weekend to support AJ, Bob, and the event. It should, and no doubt, will be a good one. A .5 Pro Tree is something I'm really looking forward to....I haven't used one since dabbling in S/ST at Maple Grove back in 1983. I was 31 then, and it was 32 years ago, so I've probably slowed down a bit, but it will be fun!

It's going to be a great event....and honors Curt, which, to those of us who knew him, was one of the classiest, sharpest guys around and left us way, way too soon. This is they type of event he would want to honor him....it fits!

Ronnie & I just wanted to extend an invitation to everyone to race a bit on Friday evening, as well!

Attached picture Big Steve 1st Nostalgia series race 05 9 15 II.jpg

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 05:21 AM

I see no reason for the .400 full tree. It makes no sense to me. There is no way I'd leave .10 on the table. Therefore you have to guess or be late. The result stupid late lights and red lights. I was able to adapt to it last year with good success. But if I ran it regularly I would set the car for.400 light. That means dumb looking short front tires, super tight suspension, etc, YUK.
Doug

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 05:47 AM

Well, that's your thought, Doug, and I respect it. However, I explained why it's done, and it works. The geezers who race once a month, and the old race cars that sat for years with sixty year old something drivers, and the young guys who don't race every week like it because they are at no disadvantage to the guys who pound it on a weekly basis. We even put it up to the racers, via email, and gave them the choice for the .4 tree or the .5 Pro Tree for this event only, and they overwhelmingly chose to keep it the same. Now, the hard core regulars don't like it, but it wasn't designed for them. As a result, we've gotten a lot of cars who haven't raced for years out of the garage, because the "seasoned" guys were not interested in being crushed by a 25 year old semi pro bracket racer, and there are some real, real tough ones at Pittsburgh. We are also big on period correct appearance, which discourages the little front tires, etc, and other modern "bracket" tricks. It's a nostalgia series, pure and simple. I'm certainly not going to get into an argument here, on a thread who's main goal is to get guys to the Curt memorial event. We just thought we mention it as the rain out date is the night before. We don't force anyone to run it. Just do the test & tune and run the event over the weekend, if you feel that strongly. They will probably run a gambler's during test & tune, anyway, but I can't guarantee that. See you there.

Looking forward to honoring Curt, and seeing some good racing that weekend.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 12:13 PM

I'm glad it works for your origination. I just don't see how it helps. Curt was my friend, we'll be there for sure.
Doug
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 03:04 PM

Doug,I agree with you,it makes sence to have Friday night Buds Auto Nostalgia race run on .500 tree since it Friday is normally at test&tune night and a lot of Mopar guys use it as a tuneup for the weekend Curt race.We don't tell anyone how to set up their race but Ronny call me and ask me what tree we were running and he said he will run the same.We assume there was a change of the decision.As far as the format for the 422 events,there are ony a few 422 races in this area.The closest at Beaver Springs.
We hope that both races have a great turn out and the racers have a great time.We support Buds Auto and the entire McCelland family,they have been a great supporter of the Curt Memorial Race and a solid member of the BGR family for years.
Lets make both races a success.We at BGR want to respectfully thank everyone for their support, helping keep Curts'memory and legesy for many years to come.We especially want to thank AJ for taking on the job and his respect in honoring Curt. bow

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 07:30 PM

In no way do we want this to detract from the BGR Championship event, which is easily the main event. Honoring and remembering Curt is the reason so many are coming, and it is right that it is.

This is just a little ham & egg deal that Ronnie hosts on a monthly basis. He asked me last week to contact everyone (we have a list of about 30 "regulars") and take a pulse on whether the tree should be changed for this one event, only. Overwhelmingly, the regular guys chose it to remain the same. Neither Ronnie or I meant for it to create a controversy to detract from anything.

This is just a little side deal that has been rescheduled due to a rainout on June 12. Not exactly a major event, just a fun deal without a lot of money involved. Please don't take it real serious....we don't.

Honoring Curt is the most important, and easily the largest thing going on over that weekend. AJ & Bob work hard, and put on a great program. Let's all just come and enjoy the camaraderie.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 07:44 PM

too bad my car wouldn't work in the friday night class as I would like to give the .004 tree another shot, I personally found it kind of fun.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/18/15 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By Steve1118
In no way do we want this to detract from the BGR Championship event, which is easily the main event. Honoring and remembering Curt is the reason so many are coming, and it is right that it is.

This is just a little ham & egg deal that Ronnie hosts on a monthly basis. He asked me last week to contact everyone (we have a list of about 30 "regulars") and take a pulse on whether the tree should be changed for this one event, only. Overwhelmingly, the regular guys chose it to remain the same. Neither Ronnie or I meant for it to create a controversy to detract from anything.

This is just a little side deal that has been rescheduled due to a rainout on June 12. Not exactly a major event, just a fun deal without a lot of money involved. Please don't take it real serious....we don't.

Honoring Curt is the most important, and easily the largest thing going on over that weekend. AJ & Bob work hard, and put on a great program. Let's all just come and enjoy the camaraderie.

Steve,if it's a just a ham and egg deal and for fun then why make it different.If it means that much to the regulars we understand and there is no controversy and never will be.We think that the event being reschudled on the eve of the Curt Race will help and benifit both races.Our racers that run Ronnies event don't care but a lot of people have expressed a desire to make a commitment to take off work to come early for the Friday race and expressed the wish to be not only a Nostalgia race but a great chance to dial there cars in at the test&tune.We hope the decision dosen't keep those racers from partisipating in the Buds Nostalgia Race.We hope both races are a success and the Bud Auto Race could be held on the eve of the Curt Race every year.We applaud and support the effort Ronnie and his crew put forth to have a monthly nostalgia race and will do what ever we can to keep it a alive.
No issues here,nothing but best wishes and respect to Ronnie and the crew.If we can help in any way,we would be honored. bow bow bow
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 02:29 AM

Well I waited over 24 hours since Bob posted and no reply. I was hoping Ronnie or Steve would agree that Bob is correct and they should change the tree. If they would realize a lot more NSS guys coming to CURT GEORGE MEMORIAL RACE would enter if they ran five tenths pro tree. I believe you piggy back on CURT GEORGE RACE to have more racers enter your race. I'm not trying to start a e mail WAR just my comments and hope your group realizes the benefits to this. Thanks / Gary
Posted By: oddjob

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 04:39 PM

I agree, I think Steve1118 is trying to upstage Curt's Race for the benefit of his own! Just saying.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By oddjob
I agree, I think Steve1118 is trying to upstage Curt's Race for the benefit of his own! Just saying.

I guess you don't know Steve because if you did you would never assume this.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 05:15 PM

I agree, Steve isn't that way so let's not start casting stones.

Just my 2 cense that's probably only worth half that.

I personally like the .400 full tree. Is it the great equalizer? maybe.... but both Doug and Casey won last year and they both win on .500 trees so a good driver will still prevail.
I personally like it because it's harder to red light in a full bodied car, which makes for better racing. (keep in mind I'm a new driver)

With this all being said, I think the Friday Night Nostalgia Race needs to conform to the Curt George Memorial Race. If the CGM race is .500 Pro tree then the Friday Night Race should be .500 Pro tree.

Thanks

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 05:19 PM

In a phone discussion I had with Ronnie this morning there has been some serious consideration to cancel there regular nostalgia race for Friday night. It hasn't been called yet, but may well happen.

Neither Ronnie nor I had intended this to be any controversy, this is just a pure rescheduling due to rainout on June 12. In the initial discussion with track management, it was moved to that date because we thought some of the outside guys coming in might appreciate the chance for an extra race, for a minimal amount more than a regular test & tune. Obviously, we were wrong. It had/has nothing to do with the BGR event, one way or the other. Never had, never will. I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen next year.

To be frank, there are other ways for Ronnie to spend the dealerships's advertising money. He doesn't need the controversy and the headache, and neither do I. We are not "undercutting", nor "piggybacking" on the BGR event, in fact, if you look, Bud's Auto is sponsoring the Nostalgia SS program of Bob's event. Odds are that class would not even exist in the program if it wasn't for Ronnie's generosity. To say that we are trying to "upstage" our own program that is part of Bob's race is ludicrous, Oddjob or whatever your name is. In fact, Oddjob, you are welcome to open your wallet and post some sponsorship money.

In fact, if one of the critics on here want to post some sponsorship money, I'm sure that would be welcome.

As of this moment, at least, the rescheduled Bud's Auto Sales Nostalgia Combo Eliminator series at PRP is still on for the Friday evening before the BGR event. It is open to everyone who wants to race it under the rules as they are written. They will not be changed.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 05:24 PM

Originally Posted By oddjob

John,anyone who knows Steve would never even think that,Steve has been like a brother to me and has been part of the BGR family for over four decades.He was very close to CURT and all the Reasbecks shared a family like relationship with BGR.
I personally take issue with some of the comments posted.Steve,Ronnie and I have discussed the possibility of the format for the race.With that being said it was left to the racers to decide.
Things seem to get out of hand and some take it too far.Gary Murphy comments and others who don't have a clue about about the Buds Auto(McCelland family) and the BGR family relationship need to aware of a lot of facts and emotions.
Ronnie McClland and family like the Reasbecks all have a personal connection to Curt.They have supported the Curt Race from the beginning and are a major force in the success of the race.They have contributed from their own pockets to help cover the cost at many of the Mopar events at many different venues.They do this and ask nothing,they deserve our utmost respect and certainly don't deserve some of the comments.
Ronnie came up with the idea of a nostalgia race at PRP once a month to help our local track and the racers.He covers the payout and everything elso goes to the track.In the past he has sponcered the hemi shootout races at the Curt race and Beaver Springs and other tracks.Many may remember he even covered the entry fee for the hemi racers.I can go on forever telling the things Ronnie has done to help me personally and many racers but the bottom line is he deserves nothing but our respect.Anyone who feels otherwise is ignorant and selfish.As for me personally to disrespect Ronnie,Steve or any of Curts family of close friends is also disrespecting myself and Curt.I'am sorry to have to respond to this BS but it needs to stop.I think apologies are due.
Respectfully Bob George

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 05:31 PM

Thanks, Bob. The voice of reason. You know how Ronnie and I, our families felt about Curt, and feel about you and yours. When Odd job stated that, he obviously doesn't know us, and I can tell you that both Ronnie and myself were personally offended.

Now that that's settled, I'm vacationing in the Atlanta area currently, and am going to jump in the pool to cool off.

Have a great day, everyone.......see you Friday night.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 06:15 PM

This is typical of this site and many like it.

There was good conversation with good people giving their useful opinions.

Some like the .400 tree and some don't. When push comes to shove were going to support our promoters and go racing....

There is never a need to make it personal while typing on a key board in the comfort of your own house. If you have an issue with someone personally then say to his or her face.

Only one post in this whole tread got personal, and the whole thing to exploded.

Now there's going to be hard feelings. It's no wonder why people are getting out of the sport.
Posted By: rickraw

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 06:42 PM

Well said. Seems there is always 1 turd floating in the bowl on here.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 07:10 PM

Some times the written word is similar to spoken word and the choise of words and how it's delivered can have a totally different meaning.Some viewed Gary's post as demeaning and accusative towards Steve and jumped to conclusions.I spoke with Gary and explained how his his post caused a negative reaction.Gary assured me that was not his intent.
For our sport to continue we must all support any and every event we can.We may not like every promoter or aspect and rules of someones event,but we have a choise to attend or not.
The right thing to do is clarify your statements and apologize if your intent was misconstrued.I will apoligize now if anything I have said was misunderstood and will clarify that I have nothing but the utmost respect for Ronnie,Steve,Doug Wright and all those personal friends of Curt and I that have supported our efforts. bow
Posted By: hemi-challenger

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/20/15 07:29 PM

Bob pretty well summed it up for me, my comment wasn't to disrespect or offended anyone. Unfortunately my comments were taken the wrong way, just thought we should run same type tree all week end, but I'm not running the event and those decisions are up to the promoters.
Hope someone can answer a question for me(If we enter test and tune Friday night will the track let us run 5 tens pro tree to test our cars). Thanks / Gary

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/21/15 12:36 AM

No hard feelings on our part. I really don't have much of a temper, and Ronnie cools down pretty quick. Hard feelings are for sophomores in High School.

This is the first year that Bud's Auto Sales decided to host a little Nostalgia series on our own. With Ronnie & being close, and me being retired from my day job and having a little experience dealing with this sort of thing, I'm sort of the spokesman. Thus far the feedback has been outstanding...and we appreciate it. The flip side is that this proves that the chicken**** politics in this stuff is never ending. I don't know how Bob, AJ, and even the track managers like Greg & Beaver Bob at Beaver Springs put up with it.

We'll see you guys Friday night. We hope for good weather, and wish all of you the best at whatever you decide to do on Friday night, either the Gamblers or the PID Keystone Nostalgia Combo, as well as the Bud's Auto Sales Nostalgia SS segment of the overall BGR Championship event in honor of our good friend, Curt George.

This discussion is over, as far as we're concerned.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/21/15 01:07 AM

I noticed the NSS series on the schedule and drove up to Pittsburg to run in it, Steve came around in the pits after the race was called and told everyone that the race would be rescheduled and I'm proud it the same weekend as the Curt race, I expected the tree to be the same as the series, its on the flyer they have for the series, and the guys who've been running in it voted to keep it the same, its easy to see their point, its what they started out doing, the .400 full isn't my favorite but it didn't deter me from going up in iffy weather when we had the rainout, wont deter me this time either, it looks to me to be a nice series, just wish Id noticed it before it started. I'll be there to support both races. I'm just glad they have are having both races. Hope the weather is better this weekend though, but no one can control that.
Posted By: Jeff_383

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/21/15 02:12 AM

It should just be exciting that there is an added night of racing. Kudos to all that can make Friday AND both Sat. and Sunday happen!
Posted By: 69dart

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 01:22 AM

We are going to try to make the trip.

Does Pittsburgh by chance have the ability to mount new slicks at the track? Wishful thinking smile

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 04:05 AM

also is the 5:30 gate time etched in stone or are we allowed to enter earlier, jut need to figure what time I need to leave home by

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By dartman366
also is the 5:30 gate time etched in stone or are we allowed to enter earlier, jut need to figure what time I need to leave home by

Great question Bill..... ALSO how is the parking going to be on Friday? Are those with "Reserved spots" going to push to keep them for Friday? If so are there maps available as to what spaces are open to all so we don't park in a "Reserved spot" and then have to move.

Thanks for any information.... thumbs

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 04:39 AM

I've always had good dealings with Steve as well. Anybody that knows me knows that I will adapt to anything I need to. What ever it is, it is. I'll be there to race.
Doug
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 06:29 PM

Hemi-Challenger - talk to the car caller before going up into the lanes. He'll probably direct you to a certain lane, so that he knows you want a different tree. He'll call it up into the tower before sending you out.

Max-Maniac - all open pits this weekend, from what I understand

69dart - no, but there is a tire shop on Route 22 about 1/2 mile before you get to PRP. Many racers have used it.

dartman366 - if there is a line forming up before a stated opening time, PRP typically will open the gates earlier to keep it from reaching out to 22

Nice meeting you this weekend, Doug! Thank you and your granddaughter for the cookies!

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 06:42 PM

Just to elaborate on Chucks post a bit. We will have the gates open around 10AM on Friday for entries in the Curt George Memorial Race.

Re: 2015 Curt George Memorial Race - Pittsburgh - 06/22/15 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By ajcasini
Just to elaborate on Chucks post a bit. We will have the gates open around 10AM on Friday for entries in the Curt George Memorial Race.

Thank you for the additional information AJ and Chuck, now I can plan my departure. thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums