In a phone discussion I had with Ronnie this morning there has been some serious consideration to cancel there regular nostalgia race for Friday night. It hasn't been called yet, but may well happen.

Neither Ronnie nor I had intended this to be any controversy, this is just a pure rescheduling due to rainout on June 12. In the initial discussion with track management, it was moved to that date because we thought some of the outside guys coming in might appreciate the chance for an extra race, for a minimal amount more than a regular test & tune. Obviously, we were wrong. It had/has nothing to do with the BGR event, one way or the other. Never had, never will. I can guarantee you this WILL NOT happen next year.

To be frank, there are other ways for Ronnie to spend the dealerships's advertising money. He doesn't need the controversy and the headache, and neither do I. We are not "undercutting", nor "piggybacking" on the BGR event, in fact, if you look, Bud's Auto is sponsoring the Nostalgia SS program of Bob's event. Odds are that class would not even exist in the program if it wasn't for Ronnie's generosity. To say that we are trying to "upstage" our own program that is part of Bob's race is ludicrous, Oddjob or whatever your name is. In fact, Oddjob, you are welcome to open your wallet and post some sponsorship money.

In fact, if one of the critics on here want to post some sponsorship money, I'm sure that would be welcome.

As of this moment, at least, the rescheduled Bud's Auto Sales Nostalgia Combo Eliminator series at PRP is still on for the Friday evening before the BGR event. It is open to everyone who wants to race it under the rules as they are written. They will not be changed.

Last edited by Steve1118; 06/20/15 01:29 PM.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com