Dan is more than likely correct that for a Hemi Cars to be built in a 1972 Model Vehicle would likely be prebuild or pre August build and would likely be a pilot vehicle. The 1972 Six Pack cars, I have never looked at any of the casting dates or any build dates on these cars and do not know the exact or close to exact date these 1972 were built before or after August 1st 1971. Since I was into all these E Bodies since day one, when 1972 Cudas came out and the big motors were dropped no one really looked at these car for Hemis or Six Packs and if one had a big motor you thought it was swapped in the body or was a race car that was altered in someway. Back in 1970-71-72 no one looked at a VIN on the dash or a fender tag or even cared if it was an original Hemi or Six pack car, the car just had to be fast with these motors. They were new cars. In around 1975,76 things started to change with the beginning of the National Hemi Owners Association. People started to understand what the 5th digit in a serial number was and the cat was let out of the bag soon after that.

Getting back to 1971 last Hemi Cars. Dan states that no production in the last two week of July and that is do to Shut Down, holidays. So there was no production in the last two week of July for Hemi Cars and likely there was no production at all in July for these Hemi Cars. It is stated the Charger has a June 11, 1971 SPD on the fender tag. I know the last Hemi E Body built SPD is later than this date of July 11, 1971 and Production for this type of E Body was running around 10 days late making its build maybe around July 1st or later.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY