I think fast has touched on the real reason behind muscle street. I have ran muscle street the past two years and really enjoy racing the class because I don't have to go and drop $10,000 a year for a race car. I have spoke to Ben about opening up the rules from last year's rules and I think he has a good vision about what he would like to see. It is definately an entry level class and as it goes along cars will definately get faster because guys will start building cars for the class. The balancing act is to get as many cars out without anyone getting a distinct advantage. As you see at the bottom of Ben's rules page it says rules may be revised for parity. Last year's rules was a fiberglass hood period correct and fiberglass bumpers. This year's rules are bolt on fiberglass with no one piece front ends. This really doesn't change or give anyone a distinct advantage because the car will have to make weight. It will also let a guy jump in with fiberglass bumpers who under last year's rules wasn't legal. The W5 heads should be reviewed and if allowed I would assume they would carry a weight penalty because of the advantage over the other heads.

Ben,

Maybe we can get the administrators to put a sticky on this thread to keep it in front of everyone's eyes. I am in for Rockingham if it happens.

vhepower.com