Originally Posted By rickstershemi
Originally Posted By 1jeff
I do want to make the car capable of running faster. How I am going to use that has yet to be determined, I foresee a throttle stop in my future. I do not have a power or et goal in mind. The car will cert., it has. I don't like the heat, wearing a 3 layer suit in the middle of the summer does not appeal to me. But I can if I want to!
My local tack switched to Ihra this year and is starting a index program, one class will be 10.00. Yep, interested! I haven't talked to the track or really looked at the Ihra rule book to see what the differences are.
Going from a iron headed 440 to a aluminum headed 4oo will take some weight out and a good set of heads are going to make some more power. I am a bracket racer and have not been bitten by the go faster bug. Running super at my local track I'm being chased 99% of the time and I'm good with that. Lots of low 9, 8 and 7 second cars. I refuse to spend that kind of money to bracket race. If I can't be competitive the car will be for sale.
I understand from everything I've read that alcohol is more consistent. I know absolutely nothing about it. How bad is the learning curve?

Did I hear Throttle Stop smile If you're looking at SST 10.90??? I would at least shoot for running 9.90 or 1-second under at the very least (more would be even better and at your weight shouldn't be all that hard. .02

Rickster

Oh yes you did! Local track is going to run some index races, one class is 10.00. Sounds like fun. Once I get the car together and learn to use the stop consistently I'd like to do some more of this type of racing. I wouldn't mind travelling a little.