Originally Posted By 1jeff
I do want to make the car capable of running faster. How I am going to use that has yet to be determined, I foresee a throttle stop in my future. I do not have a power or et goal in mind. The car will cert., it has. I don't like the heat, wearing a 3 layer suit in the middle of the summer does not appeal to me. But I can if I want to!
My local tack switched to Ihra this year and is starting a index program, one class will be 10.00. Yep, interested! I haven't talked to the track or really looked at the Ihra rule book to see what the differences are.
Going from a iron headed 440 to a aluminum headed 4oo will take some weight out and a good set of heads are going to make some more power. I am a bracket racer and have not been bitten by the go faster bug. Running super at my local track I'm being chased 99% of the time and I'm good with that. Lots of low 9, 8 and 7 second cars. I refuse to spend that kind of money to bracket race. If I can't be competitive the car will be for sale.
I understand from everything I've read that alcohol is more consistent. I know absolutely nothing about it. How bad is the learning curve?

Did I hear Throttle Stop smile If you're looking at SST 10.90??? I would at least shoot for running 9.90 or 1-second under at the very least (more would be even better and at your weight shouldn't be all that hard. .02

Rickster