Quote:

Quote:

New engine will be a big block for sure. I was realy thinking indy ez heads, but the new trick flows have peaked my interest. Might have to wait and see how they actually compare.
Like I said in the original post, I'm in the planning stages. I would love to have had another season to gather information, but it didn't work that way. Just got my feet wet lol.
Bracket racing is a lot more competitive than it was 20 years ago, in my mind. I don't think you can afford to leave anything on the table.
Thanks again for the input and keep it coming!

For sure on your last 2 sentences, and having a consistent car is only half of it. Almost gotta race on a full time basis ( like every weekend)to even have a chance out here. Forget about having a real fast car. That's not a part of the equation. Consistent reaction times under .030 might get you 2-3 rounds and your car better run with in .050 of your dial - every run. Did I mention a weather station. You will need one. You will see 4-5 guys that will dominate your group / track. It's their life and they live at the track. Happiness to them is not a low ET. IT's the same ET. You are ether very dedicated or your fodder. No in-betweens. Don't mean to paint a dismal picture, but that's what bracket racing is these days. No, you can't leave anything on the table.

My car is a relatively quick and heavy car (9.20's @3340) with a big motor. Running only 13 events last year I won 3 and went to the semis 2 times. It is handicapped with a foot brake and 10.5x29 tires. So it can be done.
Doug