Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

New engine will be a big block for sure. I was realy thinking indy ez heads, but the new trick flows have peaked my interest. Might have to wait and see how they actually compare.
Like I said in the original post, I'm in the planning stages. I would love to have had another season to gather information, but it didn't work that way. Just got my feet wet lol.
Bracket racing is a lot more competitive than it was 20 years ago, in my mind. I don't think you can afford to leave anything on the table.
Thanks again for the input and keep it coming!

For sure on your last 2 sentences, and having a consistent car is only half of it. Almost gotta race on a full time basis ( like every weekend)to even have a chance out here. Forget about having a real fast car. That's not a part of the equation. Consistent reaction times under .030 might get you 2-3 rounds and your car better run with in .050 of your dial - every run. Did I mention a weather station. You will need one. You will see 4-5 guys that will dominate your group / track. It's their life and they live at the track. Happiness to them is not a low ET. IT's the same ET. You are ether very dedicated or your fodder. No in-betweens. Don't mean to paint a dismal picture, but that's what bracket racing is these days. No, you can't leave anything on the table.

My car is a relatively quick and heavy car (9.20's @3340) with a big motor. Running only 13 events last year I won 3 and went to the semis 2 times. It is handicapped with a foot brake and 10.5x29 tires. So it can be done.
Doug

Pretty awesome. Out here, if you can end the season in the top 10 you are in an elite group. You get a "top ten" tee shirt - for free . Motor: I like the low deck ( 400 ) idea, but would punch to 498"s. Easy 10's with a mild roller and mild ported eddy's.

Fastest 300