As already stated, with EFI, you likely won't make any more PEAK power, but you usually make more usable and manageable power. So while there may not be a peak power increase, the car is usually a little faster because of better tunability. As good as they CAN be, a carb is still just a somewhat controlled fuel leak on top of your motor. Even on the BEST carb, the fuel curve usually sucks. There is no spot in the fuel curve that you can't address with EFI if you put in the time.

As far as the "learn" mode on the Holley, that is just a drivability thing for street use. You turn it on, set the sensitivity, drive the car normally and the system "learns" and puts that info in the learn table. It is then up to you to transfer as little or much of that table as you choose, to the base fuel table. It works very well.

In "race" trim, you will run the car off the base fuel table, in closed loop, to a target A/F. It will "correct" within a percentage that you ALLOW it to, but it doesn't learn anything, nor make any permanent changes to the table. You want your base table VERY close. Myself, I set my "window" of correction at + or - 5%. That means I have a 10% correction window. If it bottoms or tops the correction factor at any time during the run, I come back and make changes to the map in those areas.

You will need a street map and a race map............because you will likely run it in cruise mode at a much leaner A/F ratio for mileage. But changing from one to the other is simply a couple keystrokes on the computer.

I have run our car in both closed loop with correction on and in open loop, strictly off the map. It runs the same either way

Monte