I almost hesitate getting into this - but - what the heck. I will try to attach a document I wrote years ago which discusses this topic in detail. I can’t attach it because it's a .doc file. Send me an email and I’ll forward it.

The quick answer is yes. You should not plan on running any faster because the maximum horsepower for a well-tuned carbureted motor will be about the same. You could eke out a bit more with EFI if you are willing to spend some serious time on the engine dyno adjusting the A/F ratio and timing cylinder by cylinder, but it’s usually not worth it. In pro-stock where 5 HP matters, sure, but not required in bracket racing.

Consistency should be better:
* With sequential port injection the manifold carries only air so you can get the A/F ratios equalized.
* Modern EFI systems can measure the atmospheric conditions and make adjustments in real time.
* Fuel variances are not often discussed, but it’s a factor. Methanol is better that gasoline for consistency. I won’t go any deeper than that here.

Many EFI racing users do not get into this level of detail, but if you spend the time you can reap subtle benefits. When I raced an alcohol motor I found a second benefit that I didn't really think about. Namely, it was simple to switch back to gasoline (switching to a gasoline program) and flush the fuel system while pulling the car in the trailer. This minor point made Methanol very tolerable. That, plus the ability to datalog each run was really a nice feature.