Quote:

Quote:

And there you have it... Just replace all the tires when you change the vehicle's battery and you'll always feel good about the ride...Just a reminder like changing the batteries in the smoke detectors when you set the clocks back every year...

Just sold my `04 ram with the original battery still working fine. How about your brakes, are they important? If they are you would need to change any rubber brake lines also, ditto fuel lines and anything else rubber that could cause a breakdown in the middle of a busy highway. Up here in the rust belt steel lines rust so I guess all the steel lines in a vehicle should also be replaced at the same intervals - see where this is going?

Actually you are correct on the steel lines up there, that is one of the state inspection issues in most of those states I believe. It's amazign that people are using arguments like new tires are junk because they get a nail in the sidewall or bust when hitting a 6 inch pot hole, would an older tire have held up any better? Kinda like the lady that told me her windshield shouldn't have cracked no matte if it was hit by a rock, it was only 60 days old. Sad part is I think she honestly believed her misinformed view as well.

I do believe quality of the tire will play a role in how long it is good for but short of having a kevlar belt or something a nail in sidewall ruins a tire.

Careful, your character's showing!