Quote:

Quote:

Never had a flat.

Rotated once a year.

Balance on the inside only. No more weight than the width of a nickel.

As of today: 142,000 miles on them, 7 years old.

That's a Michelin for You. You have no worries.

How did you ever get that kind of mileage out of a tire....any tire?

When I bought my new 2005 r/c short bed 2wd Dodge truck, I was happy that it came with Michelins as I had always heard how may miles everyone got out of them. Yeah right....26,000 on them and they were worn out and out of round. They were kept properly inflated and rotated every 6,000 miles, truck sat in a dark garage when it wasn't driven. Don't know how I could have taken any better care of them. I got about the same mileage out of the Generals I put on it next. The next set was 10 p/r Continentals. I think they would have lasted better but I sold the truck when they had about 12k on them.

I think my 2012 Ram 4x4 had GoodYear tires on it from the factory, they didn't last 30k either. I am now alternating between a set of rough tread 10 plys for the winter and a set of less agressive 10 plys for the summer. I'm hoping for longer life but am skeptical right now.

At least 99% (or more) of my driving is on pavement, maybe I don't slow enough for the corners??
Dallas

I found a huge difference in quality between the Michelins that were OEM and the ones you buy at your local tire store. My 89 Plymouth Acclaim LX came with Michelins with H speed rating. I cannot remember the name. Mine also started showing wear issues at 28K miles. I went to the local Big O store and looked at the same named tire and it was radically different. While the speed rating and traction ratings on the tires were the same, the wear rating was different and much better on the tire in the showroom. Of course the tire salesman was quick to explain that these were better tires than the ones that came on the car and that Michelin made knock offs of their own tires for OEM use. I did not believe him. But the tires I bought that day lasted for over 80,000 miles, nearly three as times as long. I still don't totally believe him but the tires were still on the car when I sold it.
Craig

2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, 73 Cuda
Previous mopars: 62 Valiant, 65 Fury III, 68 Fury III, 72 Satellite, 74 Satellite, 89 Acclaim, 98 Caravan, 2003 Durango
Only previous Non-Mopar: Schwinn Tornado