Another thing you might note.......where are the guys saying "replace them every 4 years" live..... yep! the f'n desert!! I HATE tires... last set of Michelin LTX's I had on my truck got canned with 8/32 tread still on them. They were five years old and literally crumbling apart. I don't drive the truck that much, mostly to pull the racecar or boat. Sits outside most of the time. It's dry.... hotter than the sun... great place for tires. Even worse subject? trailer tires. My old enclosed had 15" wheels and after trying numerous brands and plys, I came to the realization that if I wanted to tow with confidence..... replace them every two years. Luckily after shredding 4 different tires, I have yet to sustain substantial damage to the trailer.... knock on wood. My recent trailer has 16" wheels. Much more tire selection. Original tires lasted 4 years and were actually worn down in the tread.....but it lived most of it's life in South Dakota. It was a treat to replace a set of tires that actually looked worn. Time will tell how long these will last.... but I'm betting I'll be shopping for tires again in two years.

truck spare tire.... yeah, that got me too. When one of the above mentioned LTX's had a belt separate, I pulled over to change it and lowered down the spare and it hit me.... that is one old tire.... 45 miles from home, made it 40 and chunks of the sidewall were suddenly flying off. Pulled over again, reinstalled the separating tire, and limped my way home. Did I mention I hate tires?? Alot depends where you live. Up north we'd drive them till they dropped. In the heat, whole different ball game.