Quote:

I hope my 230's can perform the same or better than that combo with a little more ci and a bit more compression

Your motor is basically the same except like you said another 7 CID? But you got 4.04 bore... that's why I really would'nt/did'nt want to run the RP head on your deal, plus your car is so damn heavy, you need the TQ, that this one lacked a bit of. This thing's going in a 2800 lbs Duster so TQ not a big concern as in a 3400# car. The 230's will make better TQ I'm certain, & power won't be too far off, it won't quite carry power like this one did to 7400+ because of the big CSA on the 245 head VS the 230 head but that does'nt matter. Your & G. Bell's cam is virtually identical to this one (all 276/280's) but this one was slightly different in I ran faster ramps on it because it had 1.5 rockers, where as you guys have 1.6's. Your peak TQ should be down in the 5100-5200 range with the 4.125 stroke & the 230 CNC head. not up in the 5800-5900's like this RP head.

This was good running motor for what it is, I was pleased. Wish we had little more time to ring it out on Gas after jacking around all day on E85 but... it worked well. That Gas Carb belongs to 369CfmW7 who's 449" 245RP motor is just about ready to dyno, I wanted to get a feel for it to make sure it was gonna work ok on his motor before we dynoed it. His should put up some pretty good #'s based on this RP motor. I'm thinking 730's which will be a stout true 59* motor on this dyno......