Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

There is nothing innocent about it, unethical at best.

It's the automotive trade- I have seen more unethical crap in 30 years most of it at the dealer level than you can shake a stick at.

Someone backing a wrecker into a car for an adjuster to bump a claim would be the least trifling of offensive things I have witnessed.

I'm glad I'm out now.

:yawn: I've been a mechanic for over 30 years so I've seen a lot myself You claim it is "innocent" I say it's not. You seem to have some delusion that an adjuster is going to spend 8 LARGE for a tool and 1100 per year to illegally access data- with NO financial incentive. People do unethical Sh!t to MAKE money.

What would you say if I was on a local chrysler dealership's lot one night, picking up my serviced truck at closing time, when they were moving lot stock back behind the fence...

and the lot jockey was doing this:
1) it was wintertime (cold)
2) jockey gets in unsold vehicle
3) starts engine
4) before you can even bat an eye, puts it to the floor to move it back behind the fence
5) repeat for all the other cars

I don't know about you, but I got two things from that experience
either minimum wage lot labor is an incredibly bad idea, or they were actually trying to spin/gall bearings or cause premature engine damage for warranty work

This was not that many years ago. I want to say '09/'10. I can't speak to the motive, or if that guy was just having a bad night, but I got a sick feeling after seeing that because that's where I bought my vehicle from.

Looking for 1975 through 1978 B body 4 door sedan sheet metal or parts cars - monaco, fury, coronet. Please let me know