Thanks all for advices! This is exactly, what I need to know. I have no problems to get all parts from US, I frequently ship containers with all the stuff here. Once the engine and all the other accessories is specified, it will be an "easy" job. I wouth rather have the engine built in US, because of much more experience. I want to get it running and make it mechanicaly like new first and enjoy driving, let the total resto for next years.
If anybody here can help me with complete specification of everything, engine builder, I would appreciate that.

PS. this is actually not my first mopar project, but my previos was rather easy, because of it was complete, all original and running, (but still it took 3 years to finish - therefore I want to drive first before deep restoration )

Quote:

The 340 and 360 are the same engine on the outside.

The original 4-speed will mate to the 360, they were available that way when new. The bellhousing (part that goes between the engine and the transmission) is the same for both.

Make sure that you get a flywheel that matches the engine. By that I mean the flywheel will have 130 tooth ring gear, and have the normal MOPAR 6-bolt flange. But 340s and 360s had different balance. And who knows how a stroker is balanced. So, you need to make sure that WHATEVER engine you buy has a harmonic damper and a flywheel that are balanced to the particular engine you are getting.

For a clutch the flywheel will have a 10.5" pressure plate bolt pattern, and you can use the bigger clutch, they called it 10.95" to differentiate it from the larger flywheel that took either an 11" or 12" clutch. Centerforce Dual Friction would be my choice.

If you can afford aluminum heads they would help take weight off the front end, that would be good. Then also you could run 10.5:1 compression with your available pump gasoline. It should be very easy to make 500 hp with such an engine, if you want that much. If you wanted only 400hp, a 360 would do quite well.

I would suggest finding a builder on the East Coast to build an engine for you. I am suspicious of mass-produced high performance engines.

I hope someone here can give a reference or two.

Whatever you do, ask here before you buy. Or send me a pm, I love to spend other people's money.

Good Luck!

R.

The good news is that you only have to sort this out once.