Quote:

Guys realize the weak points and up grade them. The dash is like $200. The injection pump was failing because of the bad factory lift pump. Most guys put a FASS or an Airdog on ASAP. As far as the paint a lot depends on the color. Some hold up much better than others. Almost forgot the trans. If you get a good rebuild with upgraded parts they will last 300,000 miles or more even if you beat them every day.

Yup, that's what my buddy and I call "Diesel tax"

I've added a 2 micron fuel/water separator/filter to help out the factory filter and change all the filters at every oil change. This will greatly increase injector life. I'll be adding pyro, boost, and trans temp gauges to keep an eye on vitals and ensure I don't abuse it too hard. I plan to build the front end at some point and using quality parts that may cost me a lot, but will be a LOT cheaper than a new truck. Likewise on the trans...WHEN my stock trans blows...it'll get rebuilt with billet converter, input shaft, upgraded clutches, etc. so that it'll go 200k+ miles.

This truck is currently rust free, and I plan to do routine cleaning to keep it that way...power wash the inside of the body crevices, like the wheel wells in the bed (remove tail lights to get access) pull the front plastic liners and keep them clear of debris. hose out the rocker panels, etc. THEN, spray them all down with rust inhibitor of some type.

I hope that this is the last truck I buy for 20 years.

**Photobucket sucks**