Quote:

I think the reason diesel is so high, is because the rest of the world is burning higher sulfur diesel in there cars and trucks because it get's better mileage than gasoline which is causing a high demand for crude oil. The rest of the world is using a higher sulfur diesel and here we are getting bent over buying ultra low sulfur fuel.

Yes my tow vehicle burns diesel and diesel engines are so nice, the older ones and not the newer ones.

And like said above I don't believe diesel will ever be cheaper than gasoline.

So I would think? that diesel trucks are losing there value and popularity? It may take a few more years for it to sink in? I know hard to believe, I think the future is in natural gas. I already know of several fleets of trucks around here that are operating on natural gas.

I have a diesel fuel bulk plant and deliver thousands of gallons of it everyday.

My new last year 3/4 ton pickup truck is gasoline. And I am thankful that it is every time I fill up. Diesel around here is $1.20 more than 87 gasoline. Even I can't swallow that.

I use my pickup to pull trailers(but not big enclosed trailers) and there's plenty of power in my new truck to do the job. Way more power than my 20 year old gasoline 454 had and I pulled enclosed trailers with it.

My new f-250 has more torque than our 5.7 hemi has. So I'm driving a ford now, it's a nice truck and rides better and quieter than our 2007 300. That's saying a lot.

You need to come across the river and see diesel prices, .6o cents more than gas