Quote:

Quote:

So the Cummins is typically good for well over 300,000 miles, but at what point does the rest of the truck start to deteriorate significantly. In other words, if you were looking at a used truck, what would be your cutoff point on miles?

That’s what I was trying to figure out. I’ve seen some very clean looking ones on the internet with 300k miles on them. Then I’ve seen some used up work trucks that looked like they were ready to be put out to pasture. Tomorrow I’m picking up a 97 with 280k miles on it. I know it was still being driven until the transfer case took a dump a year or two ago. I don’t know what happens to these trucks when guys are done with them, I’ve certainly never seen a cummins pickup in the junkyard.

Its been my experience Manitoba does not have a lot Dodge trucks with the Cummins in them, not sure why and yet in Saskatchewan, they're loaded. I have a friend over there and he finds them on a regular basis. In the years I've looked for one here, its been slim pickings. And agree you will not see one in any wrecker's yard.