Quote:

I guess your gonna ALWAYS BE RIGHT... no matter what
anyone says... keep calling it POUNDS of vac.. if
your happy then thats all that counts.... by the
way.. my gauges read both... but in the USA we tend
to use inch of HG... maybe you call it pounds of KPA..
I tried to help you out with just a little info and
thats all.... do what you want

This whole subject matter requires much intense explanation and understanding…..comprehension is critical.
1. A vacuum pump is not intended to seal the piston rings. Fit, finish and cylinder pressure do that job.

2. A vacuum pump is used to control blow-by (pressure) that gets past the rings on the exhaust stroke. (minimal cylinder pressure)

3. Additionally, a vacuum pump is also used to reduce/eliminate ring flutter on all other strokes and allowing them to stabilize for the compression (power) stroke. The cylinder pressure will take over from there. (talking low tension packages)

4. Gain from increased negative pressure (vacuum) is really the result of the increased negative pressure “volume” offsetting the positive pressure that is being developed from what gets past the rings. (more is not better - just a bigger handicap)

5. A vacuum pump and a dry sump pump confuse the oil drain back process – modern technology has found its best NOT use a vacuum pump with a dry sump. If “blow-by” is under control, the dry sump pump can do both jobs – the core of this debate!

A few things I have learned and attempt to share, those comments above are only skimming the science part of the matter. I suggest if you really want to know, pursue learning….I’m way too lazy to type everything involved for a clear understanding.

If you still feel compelled to be sarcastic – get a life.

I already quit with this.. I guess I better get a life...
as usual your right... maybe the others are wrong also