Well from my experience we saw nothing on the track. Now this was done on two different motors making a fair amount of power(1100 and 1300). But a 20hp gain likely would not show up on the track. These were both low tension oil ring deals using vacuum pumps both pulling 18+. We were able to loose the vacuum pump on one suing a Dailey pump. The Dailey was able to pull 20+ without a vac pump. The other was a Moroso pump but we had to use a Vac pump as well to get the desired 18". Neither of these were dynode after the change so I cannot say for sure there was no power gained, but bear in mind at the ET these cars ran 20hp will likely not show anymore than a small change in the weather would.

Having said all that if you can afford a dry sump system I think it is a worthwhile investment. As mentioned the oil control is far superior to any wet sump system can be. The ability to warm the oil as well is a plus as well as the ease of pre lubing before the day starts. My Predator deal is a dry sump motor, being built for that purpose. Will have a low tension oil ring(actually uses a very small ringpack all together). We have a vacuum pump as well if we need to use it. Likely we will as it a Moroso pump.

Whether the $2700-$3700 expense is worth it that is a question only you can answer. Is there power there, I would think some. I have never seen any back to back dyno stuff on an engine with a good wet sump system vs a dry sump. I can tell you most heads up organizations have a weight penalty for a dry sump in the naturally aspirated classes. Generally 5% of engine size in pounds.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"