Quote:

I just need to know what to do with the steering linkage and what the tricks are to getting it done without trouble. For example, I've seen guys do it with the rear axle on jack stands. Others do it on tires. is my 10' ceiling high enough?

I choose to leave my tie rods and control off but many assemble everything and have the rotors/drums support on roll carts of sorts and the upper just hanging or turned out until it is time to install them. Both ways work fine. I have my gear box, idler and draglink in place and hang they rest later. If you are asking about the steering column it goes in after everything is bolted up. I prefer mine on tires, it makes the pivot easier as the body moves up and down. 10 ft ceiling should be plenty as long as you are running a low profile dolly, mine don't generally exceed 7 or 8 ft at most. It really isn't difficult, best to have a friend with you and I will use long screw drivers to align the holes although I have though of using 2 or 3 inch bolts with the heads cut off. Take the car to a 45* angle or so and roll it under, lower a bit and recenter, lower it some more, recenter, lower it into place recentering and aligning the holes, install and tighten the bolts, lift off dolly and place on jack stands, swing upper control arms in place if they are attached and install tortion bars and whatever else I for got.

Careful, your character's showing!