Quote:

The question wasn't directed at BGR - it was initially asked of Monty - he stated that he TIGs all cages, and I was politely asking why the preference of TIG over MIG. If it's for appearance, OK. If it's structural, how?

I would rather TIG a cage, mostly because of appearance. I don't care how good you are with wire, a TIG weld looks better than a MIG by far. The weld is small and clean, plus there is no splatter. TIG welding also requires very precise fits, which again, makes the weld and the overall cage look better. As I stated, if I do use MS, it is DOM .120 wall. I never use that thick .134 wall stuff, as it is heavy, plus the spec is .120, so why use thicker. DOM will pass every time.....I never said everybody needed a MOLY cage...all I said was that since I TIG everything anyway and Moly is barely higher than DOM, it made no sense for ME to use MS, even on a simple cage. If you are thinking it would cost more for me to put a cage in your car, than a lot of other people, you would be right. I never claim to be the cheapest at anything, nor do I wish to be. I am a one man show and high quality is very important to me. If someone does not want to pay the extra for me to do something, I fully understand and have no hard feelings if they take it somewhere else. That has never been a problem though, as my backlog of work is pretty large.

Monte