ok, did some testing, INSIDE the car at the bulkhead, the main red power wire has battery voltage. so thats good. At the big connector from the steering column, the main red power wire still has battery voltage ( like 12.7 volts), still good. NOW, When switching the ignition switch to run, that main red wire from the column drops to 11.7, but i figure thats probably ok since it is sending voltage to different parts of the car, correct? Ok, So in run, that main wire has 11.7, if i turn the key to start, and probe that brown wire right beside it in that same column connector, ( the one that powers the coil at full battery voltage when starting)it sends out 11.5, so i would guess thats good also being the main power wire is 11.7 in run? That same brown wire coming out of the bulkhead under the hood is still 11.5 volts when cranking, so good..? (keep in mind i have the starter disabled doing this.. so, i have some voltage drop between the underhood bulkhead brown wire to the coil + for sure, because i only had 8 or 10 volts at the coil when in start..tell me your thoughts on the other numbers..? Somehow i need to get full battery voltage to that damn coil when starting because its always been a problem getting it to start after sitting a week or so without jumping the coil to the battery..
Wondering if i could run a wire from the starter solenoid to the coil so it would trigger under the start condition only like i need it to and put the full battery voltage to it..????