Street/strip car here, my battery is in the trunk. Taylor 4 pole switch under the r/s bumper. Bought the car with it like this but completely rewired it after I went to an internally regulated Denso 60a alternator.

Went through a lot of jive to get it wired right with a cut off switch and alternator. Ended up using two solenoids, one for the long positive cable so it's 'only hot when cranking' and one continuous duty solenoid for the alternator so the switch turns it off. All my dash wiring goes through the disconnect too.

Ran my big B+ wire through the wiring trough on the driver's side and under the carpet. Goes through a grommet in the firewall and to the starter. I used a second relay up front to activate the starter with the ignition switch. Was a little complicated but it works.

I used a 'buss bar' from Mad Electrical on the firewall to tie things together that go from the front to the back. Works good and provides a spot for B+ when the system is on. Things like test equipment, timing light etc.

I have a couple #4 ground wires too, one bolted from the back of the r/s head that goes to the front sub frame and one from the battery to the rear chassis.

I have a few pics if needed.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500