Quote:

Have you done a lot of work on the suspension for weight transfer? If there is anything to go after, I would work on that first. Then if your 60s aren't repeating like a machine, consider the battery move. Weight distribution is a funny thing. Too little power, and the car can't hook if it is nose heavy. Too much launch power, and you sometimes have to go backwards and move weight forward.

Frankly, no I haven't.
The 60 foot in the first couple of outings has gotten at times in line with the ET of the car, but moves around more than I want.
I am using drag radials, with little under 500 horse in a fairly heavy car. I am probably all wet, but my thoughts are that placing the battery in the trunk, and replacing the extremely short tires on the front(24 inch) with 26 inch will reduce the excessive rake the car has, and provide more bite at the rear. Car just seems to not overcome the rake and transfer weight. I have plenty of travel in the front, but the car never gets "level".
The short tires were on the front when I bought it, but with the addition of 002/003 leafs it's more pronounced.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17