Steve/Autoxcuda and Trjmn -- The Joilet Autobahn, as has been written about many time on our chat-lines, is a 3.5 mile road course. The track is located less than 4 miles SW of the other Joilet race tracks (banked NASCAR oval, small oval and drag strip). In fact, the Autobahn is a private "country club" only about 15 years new. The track hosts many club events (Hooked-On-Driving, MCSCC, SCCA, NASA, BMWs, Corvettes, Ford events, motorcycles, etc... all done with track rentals for the day and/or wknds, as well as throughout the week Mon-Fri).

Actually, the track is divided into a North 1.5 mile road course, and a South 2.0 mile road course. AVG lap MPH each track ~70.. some cars faster ~80... the straights allow ~100-130 max pending your car's abilities, but then there are typical 60-90 degree turns at the end of each straight... demnanding reduced speeds.

The Chgo Region SCCA Solo season holds most of their ~8 events at the drag strip parking lot... large area, but not really desirable for a monster car with huge horsepower, etc, as the courses are all pylons.. sometimes toght courses, but the lot's size allows some free-flow courses.... AVG MPH ~45-50... max MPH ~60-70 rarely attained.

The Joilet Autobahn is a very clean, well-maintained and overall nice place to go racing.. or to just observe.. and even to take a few laps around pending the event. They also have a separate medium-speed go-kart track, and a designated pylon autocross lot (small and too tight for most big cars).... overnight camping, clean bathrooms/showers, outdoor cafe. Car rentals/driving lessons, etc, are also available.... arrive and drive.

Wknd of Oct 4-5 I'll be competing in the final HSAX (Saturday, 4th), then on Sunday, 5th, I'll probably be the Pace Car for W2W races all day.... COME TO THE JOLIET AUTOBAHN if you can!

8208017-DSC08405.jpg (147 downloads)

Mopar Mitch "Road racers and autocrossers go in deeper and come out harder!"... and rain never stops us from having fun with our cars... in fact, it makes us better drivers! Check out MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE, August 2006 issue for feature article and specs on my autocross T/A!