Quote:

The hellcat is pretty freaking amazing. Really pushing the limits of what you could get in a FACTORY heavy weight non-sports car with a warranty.

That said, it also really doesn't surprise me much. Any of these new generation small blocks (LS3/LT1, 5.0, HEMI) would not be far behind with some bolt on boost. In the late model chevy world, guys have been building 700hp daily drivable street machines from even the earlier generation LS stuff for years. I suspect the same is true with mopar 6.1 hemi guys. Once you started getting heads flowing well over 300cfm's out of the factory, the whole small block world went crazy lol

I have been building a 396 stroker from a 96 LT1 for boost over the years. I am planning on hitting 650 RWHP on 12-14 psi. From what I have seen from guys doing setups similar to mine with the same heads/similar cams, it shouldn't be too hard....it's not exactly an exotic "pushing the envelope" build anymore. Granted the 650whp number guys are hitting with these similar setups are with pretty lumpy (yet still hydraulic) cams and a decent amount of boost, but this is also a gen 2 SBC we are talking about here with head flow being 295cfm at .600, maybe 300 if you are lucky. If guys are building those motors for 750fwhp with practically daily drivable street manners (if you don't mind some choppy cam lope) then it's no surprise here that a late gen hemi with off the chart head flow specs and all sorts of other cool technologies can do the same in an even milder setup.

Hate to say it, but the days of old school big blocks and small blocks are probably dead and gone with the prices of some of the late gen stuff dropping. You can make more power with a cam only LS3, 6.1 hemi or 5.0 than most guys make with full race LA strokers.

As far as the price goes, I am sure it is no joke. I would/could never spend that much on a car and like always, I am sure the same thing could be built in one of our garages for cheaper... Important to remember though, you're not just buying a 10 second car. This car probably probably has some amazing braking and cornering power...and on top of that, I'd be willing to bet the ride quality is top notch. One thing you notice when driving these new cars is how docile they feel, suspension wise, yet they can still be thrown into turns like a full road race car. You could probably build something for much cheaper that will perform better all around, but I'd be willing to bet it won't be as comfortable to drive.

I thought I just wasted 5 minutes of my life reading the previous posts.
Glad to see somebody figured it out.
IF the price is 100,000.00 then they fail on that aspect. If it's 60,000.00 then it will sell.
Matt