Rick suggested these tracks (close to him), and to piggyback on an open track day or driving school:
Lime Rock
Watkins Glen
Summit Point
Mid Ohio

Quote:

Best bet is to pick an event like OUSCA or a Musclecar challenge event that coincides with one of those tracks like RA, Mid-Ohio, Joliet Autobahn etc. That way the track rental is covered and the media coverage is free lol. Also is this a shootout of car AND driver or car against car? If its car against car, Kevin is gonna be busy and would probably require steak dinner.

The 'best' part about getting these cars together on track would be to pit the fastest A body mopars against each other on the same track on the same day. For me personally, the highlight will be running with (i.e. following) Rick, Kevin, Scott's Valiant, etc, to see how I stack up turn for turn. If that can be accomplished at a USCA or similar event, great. Otherwise, an all day track rental is cheap enough when split between 5-10 guys (though that would most likely exclude novice participation).

As far as media coverage - if it's worthy of print, I'm sure Rick will cover it. Not the point, but would probably encourage participation among those in the business.

We've got 8+ months until Rick's car is running, so let's just see what the group wants to do when we get there.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course