Quote:

I have a feeling a lot more trick and expensive parts are going to end up on that Dart. We are just seeing the basic chassis get built. I think/hope the idea is to take on those six figure plus Pro Touring cars at the Optima Challenge type events.

I notice there hasn't been any update pictures recently. Maybe saving them for a magazine spread. Can't blame them.

Nope... nothing trick and nothing expensive. You have to remember, I'm cheap and I honestly do not like working on my cars. It has to be simple, or I lose interest real quick.

No big magazine spread planned, but I'm sure it will end up in one of them at some point. No updates because there really hasn't been much to post. Plus that's all up to the PR guys to sort out for Hotchkis.

It will run Optima, but not because that is what the car was built for. It's going to get killed on the design and judging portion. That will be a side show to it's true intention. The car is being built to be run at events like Pikes Peak, Targa Newfoundland, tarmac rallies and even smooth gravel rallies at some point.

Definitely won't see Optima this year because my plan this year is to see how close to the top 5 I can get at an event with my daily driver SRT8 Core. I base lined it a couple weeks ago at Road America as it rolled off the showroom floor with stock pads, stock alignment and the stock Goodyears.

Here are top 15 road course results with me mixed in to the over 3k class. I was running in Exhibition technically since I skipped the Road Rally and Design segments.

If I can get within 2-3 seconds of the DSE Camaro (2nd fastest in Vegas last year) with my daily driver, I will consider that a win. I'm making a couple changes before the next event, but not touching the engine. All bolt on's and no gutting the car or anything like that.

To put the Challenger times in perspective with the Dart... It will be the same engine with more power (tune with headers and no Cats), 1,250 lbs less weight and more tire. Yes, it's not the same chassis, but the Satellite and Challenger are pretty much equal right now, so I don't think the chassis will be a limiting factor really on the Dart.

To put the Challenger times in perspective with an A Body on the same track... it's currently 12 seconds a lap faster than Eric W's Duster was in 2013. My stock 5.7 Challenger last year went 1:52.8 which was 8 seconds a lap faster.

To put this post back in relation to a shoot out (and no, I'm not trying to stir the pot with this comment)... as you can see by the times, it's not always about the car, or how much money you spend.