Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well it's official! Tim just dropped off the car(great guy!), man this thing is a little beast! Just went for a quick test drive and filled it with gas.

I can't wait to put it on a track, it's WAAAAAY too much for the street that's for sure!

Curious on your perspective of speed on this one Scott.....is this your first experience with stroker kit in any of the Mopar engines, LA, B, RB?

Once you experience a stroker engine you will never want to go back to stock configuration....atleast for anything that you want to have fun with....if its a numbers matching show poodle that is just washed and waxed....well that is for the older folks that like to nap during the day.

A lot of generalizations and assumptions with that statement.

There's more that one way to skin a cat.

I drove my 340 as my only car for 15 years. And now I have a 416 stroker. Yes, big difference, but not just because of the stroke.

There's plenty of 340's that would wax my 416. They just have a lot more cam, heads, compression, etc than me. I view the stroker as the easier on parts/pocketbook and milder on the street way to get to the same place.

Agreed....old school ways had to rely on other methods to make power as you mentioned.

Pump gas friendly strokers with street manners and highway gears can put down the same acceleration those old school combos could....now there is power with pump gas combos that can hit highway speeds all day long and not look like a tool leaving a 4 way stop like a caged animal but buzzing the engine at ridiculous rpm at 55 mph.

Been there done that and never will again.

The 2.94 gear in the Runner with the 4.25" stroke RB was a blast for acceleration on 93 octane and hitting the highway for cruising was great. One of the best days was when I tossed that 4.30 gear set out of that car.