Quote:

We didn't scale the car last time it was in my shop. Last notes I have were from 2010 when it was 3200 lbs and 55/45 distribution. The numbers should be better now since we removed weight and moved weight back. We started to get more aggressive on any weight that was in front of the CG but there is still a lot of weight that can come off the car. Just takes money and time.

A glass hood with a built in scoop would solve a number of issues. Probably need a cowl hood but a TA hood might work at 150+ mph. Not very many guys road race vintage Mopar muscle at 150 mph so not a lot of data out there on what works.

Do you think a scooped hood would create more aero drag than advantages (if any) from: Cowl hood or air from factory cowl box or existing radiator support air?

Old nascar guys never ran scoops. Very little ran bulged hoods. The mid 70's Chargers did, but I wonder if that was just to get the rest of the hood lower/angled down for aero.

I think you could get aero advantage from blocking off the grille thats not directly in front of radiator. Like with a black sheet aluminum on backside of grille. Might still cool at speed. Experiment by adding blockage until gets hot.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 07/01/14 04:32 AM.