Quote:

That internal oil pickup looks suspect. Did the rod bearing look like it wasn't getting oil?

I would suspect that a heavy car like that with a 500 cu in engine would need a pretty good external oiling system.

Loren

The stock 3/8 internal pickup was hit by one of the rod pieces, it is really bent up in the pictures I had positioned it on the bottom of the oil pan with 1/8 inch clearances between the back edge of the pickup and the front edge of the pickup touching the bottom of the oil pan I run loose bearing clearances, .003+ on the rods and mains, I only use main bearings with full grooves All the other rod and main bearings look really good for a motor that started off in 1998 as a pump gas motor As I stated earlier, this failure still has me puzzled It has been over revved more than once looking at the back sides of the roller cam lobes now I'm thinking a piece of dirt or debris got washed in between the #1 rod bearing and crankshaft and that ended up seizing the bearing to the crankshaft To much damage now to tell, I can only guess AndyF, are you working on any interesting engine projects now?

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)