Quote:

Quote:

That's kinda why I have to laugh when I read these "what can I do to make my 600 HP stock block engine last"? I don't care what kind of band-aids you install on your engine, whether its concrete or a girdle if you race on a weekly bracket type program its not is it, but when is it going to break. 600 plus HP stock block engines break. Sooner or later. I know are the guys that put 25-50 runs a year are going to chirp in here but I'm talking 600 plus HP engines that see 150 plus runs a year, 2-3 years.

I am kind of interested, what's wrong with stock blocks that cause rod bearings to spin, break rods and then throw them through the side? crappy oiling?

I understand the cracked webbing, cap walk and broke cranks etc but don't know why the block is to blame for this one.

When the main web cracks, the crank is no longer supported and is more or less free to "flop" around in there. Usually one of two things happens. It breaks the crank or grabs a bearing.........neither of which is a good thing.

Put enough runs on a high HP stock block motor and this WILL happen to you. Not a matter of IF, but WHEN.

Monte