One of the motors I put together for a customer and friend years ago fail this past weekend at the Oldies but Goodies race at Woodburn,OR. The current owner bought the motor from the original owner several years ago and had me change the cylinders heads, intake and cam two winters ago. I took off a set of wore out Mopar Stage IV cast iron heads and put on set of ported Indy 440-3 heads, that pick his car up around 1.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile. the motor is in a 1965 Belevedere 1, the car ran in the mid tens with this motor, 426 Street wedge with a 4.250 stroke crank,496 C.I., Comp Cams custom ground solid roller cam and a 1050 CFM Dominator. He ended up in the final round on Sunday in his class and redlighted, the motor let go in high gear before the finish line Evidently he had a rod bearing spin and didn't realize it so he kept his foot in it, it might have even spun in the semi finals, I'm not exactly sure when it happened due to the excessive damages once both rod bolts broke. It has a set of Eagle H beam rods in it, it FUBAR them two rods, the block and crankshaft I don't know how to attach two pictures to this post so I'll attach one to this post and the other one on my reply to the next post

8188899-SANY0239.JPG (638 downloads)
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 06/27/14 02:16 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)