Quote:

Quote:

When I bought the cam Scott was providing tons of cams for members here with great results. Over all I am very happy with the cam. It replaced the Indy R2 cam that I had in it that was a valve train killer! Car ran better also.

I have now had the chance to deal with Dwayne on a bunch of stuff and I would not hesitate to go with a cam that he spec'd.

We will see. Cams are like women. Everyone likes em a little different

I pulled out a Dwayne cam, Scott knew exactly what it was, and my motor very well. Put in his 112 cam( told him it would slow it down), but tried it anyhow..and car never again with that cam ran within 1.5 tenths of the cam Dwayne did up. Scott likes 112 for pretty much everything, it killed my 60 foot, but mph was almost identical...
I know other guys who's cams didn't work either....
when Best Machine built a new stouter motor for me than the above one, they wanted to use a Scott Brown cam. I insisted I wanted to use a cam Dwayne specced, so we did, after Best was convinced by Dwayne why he did what he did. The new owner of the car ramped the build up even further and had Dwayne do that one as well. He told me the cams Best uses now for stout Indy head smallblock stuff are now similar to what Dwayne likes, after seeing the power and ET. Got to give them credit for looking at everything and adapting, mark of good engine builders.

You say the car didn't "work" yet it ran nearly the identical MPH according to you. So they obviously made near the same power, just maybe not in the same place. Maybe the other cam needed a converter change to get the benefit of the other cam.

And also, you "knew" it wasn't going to work when you put it in there, so maybe you didn't do everything possible to "make" it work.

Not really trying to bust your chops here, but it seems you are being pretty hard on Scott to me. Ok, his idea didn't work for YOU, but not fair to suggest he doesn't know what he is doing.

Monte